Components for Success
Class Sets of Conquering the CAHSEE include a Teachers Resource Manual and Student Activity Books.
Teacher Resource Manuals
- Pre-Tests and Post-Tests for each Part identify weaknesses and ensure accountability.
- Check Points continuously monitor progress within each Part.
- Student and Class Record Sheets allow teachers to differentiate instruction.
- Individualized Study Programs prescribe instruction for missed objectives.
- Daily Reviews provide differentiated instruction and aid long-term retention.
- Record Sheet for Daily Reviews identifies reteaching pages for missed questions.
- Pacing Calendars save prep time and increase time on task.
- Manipulative Lessons are lightly scripted to help teachers transition students from the concrete to the abstract stage of learning.
- Games with manipulatives make learning fun. Students are involved and motivated.
- Journal Writing encourages reflection on learning and writing.
- Writing Problems allows students to create their own word problems using real- world situations.
- Real-World Applications help students strengthen math skills and problem- solving abilities.
- Glossary facilitates language acquisition and provides technical math words students should learn to be successful at the next level.
- Family Math is integrated into the Follow Up Activities for students to continue practice at home.
- Checking Application allows students to check their work with proper calculator usage.
Skill Builders (Reproducible)
- Skill Builders are reteaching pages that provide practice for every objective.
Interactive Resource Printing Pack
- Interactive Resource Printing Pack CD-ROM contains over 200 pages of reproducible assessment and reteaching materials, Correlations to Objectives, the Supply List, and Pacing Calendars from the Teachers Resource Manual. Teachers are able to print materials directly from their computer.
Student Activity Books
Student Activity Books are available in hardcover or softcover.
- Activity Pages connect the manipulative-based lesson to pictures and practice on the page to transition students from the concrete to the abstract.
- Problem-Solving skills are strengthened with strategies such as acting it out and modeling to solve word problems.
Students are involved in problem solving every day as they use age-appropriate manipulatives to develop understanding in real-life situations.
- Exploration and practice with manipulatives and overhead manipulatives engage students in a cooperative learning environment.