Components for Success!
The Class Sets include all the printed materials you need for success. Each grade level set includes a Teacher Resource Manual and 25 Student Activity Books. Spanish Class Sets include an English Teachers Resource Manual and a Spanish Resource Pack.
Teacher Resource Manuals
- Pre-Tests and Post-Tests are cumulative and chapter tests identify weaknesses and ensure accountability.
- Student and Class Record Sheets allow teachers to differentiate instruction.
- Daily Reviews provide differentiated instruction and aid long-term retention.
- Record Sheet for Daily Reviews identifies reteaching pages for missed questions.
- Pacing Calendars save prep time and increase time on task.
- Manipulative Lessons are lightly scripted to help teachers transition students from the concrete to the abstract stage of learning.
- Literacy Connections integrate 200 trade books to help develop language acquisition.
- Cross Curricular Connections to nature, physical education, real-world information, music, and art allow students to see math everywhere in the real world.
- Games with manipulatives make learning fun. Students are involved and motivated.
- Journal Prompts encourage reflection on learning and writing.
Skill Builders (Reproducible)
- Skill Builders are reteaching pages that provide practice for every objective.
- Glossary facilitates language acquisition and provides technical math words students should learn to be successful at the next level.
Family Math (Reproducible)
Family Math includes letters that are an easy way to inform parents of class activities, and games that encourage family participation. It is available in English and Spanish.
Student Activity Books
Each Student Activity Book covers essential concepts and skills for the grade level. Prekindergarten objectives are taught in the first three chapters of the kindergarten book.
- Activity Pages connect the manipulative-based lesson to pictures and practice on the page to transition students from the concrete to the abstract.
- Problem-Solving skills are strengthened with strategies such as acting it out and modeling to solve word problems.
- Spanish Student Pages are available in a parallel format to the English version in the Spanish Resource Pack. See page 27 for further information.
Students are involved in problem solving every day as they use manipulatives to develop understanding in real-life situations.
- Exploration and Practice with manipulatives and overhead manipulatives engage students in a cooperative learning environment.